Traditional Vietnamese Coffee
Vietnamese cà phê sữa đá is a popular and traditional way of preparing Vietnamese iced coffee. It is a delightful combination of strong Vietnamese coffee, sweetened condensed milk, and ice. It is a refreashing "pick-me-up" through out the day beverage, and perfect for any kind of weather.
What you will need:
- Finely ground Vietnamese coffee
- Sweet condensed milk
- Hot water
- Ice cube (optional)
1. Add 2 to 3 tbsp of sweetened condensed milk to your cup (choose your sweetness level!).
2. Add 4 heaping tbsp of coffee ground to the phin and lightly shake till even
3. Lay the coffee press and firmly press down. Then, place the phin and bottom filter on top of your glass.
4. Add about 1 cup of boiling water.
TIP: Pour a dash (~ 20ml) of boiling water in the coffee for a couple of seconds. This will help the coffee powder absorb the boiling water and expand slightly. Then, add the rest of the hot water and put the lid on.
5. Wait 5-7 mins till it stops dripping. Stir well and add ice if desired.